1. How old were you when you realized mental health was a thing?
2. Did your parents have any mental issues from your knowledge?
⁃ My mom has anxiety and depression
3. If so, how was it growing up ?
⁃ It was hard cause when she was diagnosed I was old enough to see the change in her and I wanted to make her feel better and I wanted the “old her” back but I had to realize that its not that simple and it takes way more than anything i could do by myself. I had to accept that those feelings were selfish of me and that the best thing i could do was to support her in whatever ways I could.
4. What hobbies do you practice to keep your mental in tact?
⁃ Bingeing horrible/ classic scary movies, loudly listening to music, spending time with the people I love and the people that love me back.
5. What does mental health awareness mean to you?
⁃ It means paying attention to your own sanity. For me personally I am too giving with my time and energy and sometimes I don’t really realize it until I’m burnt out and don’t have the motivation to do anything. So Im getting into the habit of constantly checking in with myself and making sure I’m mentally okay enough for anything i sign up for and I’m practicing saying no more (with hopes that the world won’t end lol).