1. How old were you when you realized mental health was a thing?
⁃ I was maybe a 13/14 when I realized mental health was a thing
2. Did your parents have any mental issues from your knowledge?
⁃ I strongly believe my Mother and Grandmother struggled with mental health
3. If so, how was it growing up ?
⁃ Growing up I witnessed mental weakness, depression , alcoholism, nervous breakdowns , mood swings etc. it wasn’t until I was an adult that it made sense of what I was witnessing
4. What hobbies do you practice to keep your mental in tact?
⁃ Some of the hobbies I practice to keep my mental health in tact are yoga , Self Care Time , coloring , journaling, hanging with loved ones , sitting at the beach, just to name a few .
5. What does mental health awareness mean to you?
⁃ Mental Health Awareness means a daily check in, being aware of your sanity and emotions. Knowing it’s okay to have emotions and don’t feel bad about feeling. It’s okay to take a step back and just be selfish.